General Terms and Conditions
The Davison Family are here to ensure you have the best time possible while at Tremarne campsite. We aim to provide a safe and peaceful camping experience within beautiful surroundings. To enable this, we must make our terms and conditions clear. Please read the following before making your booking.
Bookings and payments
- Advance telephone bookings and internet enquiries will be held for 3 days until confirmed with a deposit (25% of total booking price or £20, whichever is the highest value). We will confirm booking details with you upon receipt of your deposit, usually by email. Deposits can be paid by telephone card payment, or direct internet bank transfer. Any bookings made within 28 days of the start date of your holiday need to be paid in full. If after 3 days no deposit has been received your booking may be removed from our system, and you will then need to make a fresh availability enquiry to book.
- Deposits are non-refundable, and are not transferable. We recommend you consider travel/holiday insurance with Covid-19 Cover. Date changes will be treated as a cancellation for any days cancelled, due to the volume of requests we are getting. There is a lot of administration to offer a manual flexible booking system (any day arrival) to our campers. Whilst we appreciate many of our guests are keen to book early, please only book when your dates are certain.
- The balance payment will be payable one month prior to arrival. Please make a note in your diary to arrange payment of your balance, as we do not issue reminders. Payment can be made by telephone card payment, or direct internet bank transfer. For those who like to pay by cash, you can pay the money to a local branch of our bank, and details will be provided on request. Failure to make payment may result in your booking being cancelled without further reference to you. Please do ensure you have this date in your diary. The only time a refund of your balance will be given if you cancel after making full payment is if we re-let your pitch. We recommend you consider travel/holiday insurance with Covid-19 Cover. We do accept bookings on the day of arrival but cannot guarantee availability.
- Should you choose to leave early for whatever reason then a refund will not be given, unless we re-let your pitch. You can extend at any time during your stay, subject to availability, and extensions must be paid for in full. Please note you may need to change pitch if you chose to extend your stay.
- Any person in breach of booking conditions, or our camping etiquette may at the discretion of the site owners be asked to leave. In these circumstances no refund will be given.
- Due to limited numbers of Electric hook ups a minimum of five nights must be booked during the high season (July & August) when making an advanced booking of a hook up pitch. This does not apply for late availability, those who just take their chance and turn up, or our casual pitches.
- For “non-electric pitches” in July and August our minimum advance booking is three nights. This does not apply for late availability, or those who just take their chance and turn up.
- No recreational drugs are tolerated on site at any time. If you are found using drugs on site you will be asked to leave.
- Please note that we are a holiday campsite, so we can only accept bookings for those who are holidaying in the area. We are unable to accept any commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers & sign-written vehicles) on site.
- Please note that for units over 7m, please check availability with reception.
- Group bookings of no more than 3 units (or total occupancy of 12 people) can be accepted on the site. The person making the booking must be a member of the group, be over 18 and will be responsible for the members of the group.
- We regret that we cannot accept bookings for unaccompanied persons under the age of 18 years of age or from same sex groups.
- No bookings accepted for Hen or Stag parties.
- Camper van conversions – For safety reasons any van conversions must be done to the relevant safety standard. (Not just a bed in the back of a van). Your camper van must also have appropriate ventilation in the sleeping area.
- To ensure the park is complying with our license conditions we cannot allow sleeping in non converted vehicles. Any conversions must comply with all safety regulations.
- Please ensure you are happy with our camping etiquette prior to making a booking. We also encourage you to read independent reviews on, UK Campsites, Pitchup and, of course Trip Advisor, as we cannot be all things to all campers (but we do try our best!).
- Alterations to bookings will incur a £10 admin fee.
Arrivals and departures
- Pitches are available between 1pm & 5pm on the day of arrival and should be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. As we run the site as a family, and without overflow parking facilities, please help the smooth running of the changeovers by observing these times.
- To ensure the park is complying with general license conditions each unit must be at least 6 metres away from any other unit in separate occupation in any direction.
- The entirety of your unit, awning, pup tent etc must fit within your designated pitch. Size of your unit/tent must be supplied at the time of booking.
- Please note we do not have electric car charging facilities onsite, and they cannot be charged from your EHU connection at your pitch, however there are facilities in the local area.
- Human waste – No disposal of human waste in our bins, apart from infants nappies. Cat litter, sawdust, Gel etc are NOT Allowed. We have a chemical waste point for portaloos.
- Any broken camping equipment must be taken home with you.
- We are a dog friendly campsite site; however only well-behaved dogs are welcome. All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. We expect owners to be considerate to other campers and always pick up after their dogs using the dog bins provided around the site. Any dog found to be misbehaving will have to leave the site.